It may be hard to believe, but 75% of people will never scroll past the first page on Google Search. Listing your business on Google’s first page is a crucial part of any successful marketing strategy. Before we dive deeper into the benefits of being listed on Google, consider the following three facts:
- There are 3.8 million searches conducted on Google every minute – users search and research a lot before making any purchase decision.
- 93% of all online experiences begin with a search engine.
- In the United States, 88% of users favor Google over other search engines.
Benefits of listing your business on Google:
- Direct exposure to millions of customers – As we mentioned before, Google is being searched by millions of people every day. Customers are out there searching for specific products and services. But they can’t buy them from you if they can’t find you. Enlisting your business in Google positions your brand directly in front of your customers. You can show your product or services on local search engine results pages (SERP) with relevant keywords and through simple search engine tactics.
- Precise targeting & high ROI – Google’s number one priority is to display results and information that is relevant to its users (based on their frequently searched terms, interests, and location). With precision targeting, you can display your ads only to those who are likely to buy. The entire ad campaign can be tailored to your business needs, which ultimately ensures a higher return on investment (ROI).
- Gateway to brand credibility – Google is where you are likely to be recognized as a brand. When customers search online, they compare companies and products. Customers prefer products from companies that appear more credible online. Seeing your business logo, information, testimonials, and pictures, will help convince potential customers that you are worthy of their business. Research has shown that businesses with complete listings gain more customer trust and result in almost 30% completing purchases.
- Long-term marketing strategy – Once you have claimed and optimized your Google My Business (GMB) listing, it is time to put it to work with your long-term marketing strategy. The ultimate goal is to help customers find your business. Over time your business will gain reviews that work to validate your company in the eyes of potential customers. You can also personalize your listing to help with local search results and by posting GMB posts that include business announcements, special events & offers, and new products. Don’t forget to keep an eye on the interesting insights you can pick up from Google analytics. This helps to better understand who your customers are and what they are looking for. Over time, your business will continue to build authority and naturally be one of the top search results in your category.
Every business wants to grow and stand out in its competitive target market. So take the most important step and make it happen. Google, a robust marketing platform, can increase your chances of overcoming the competition. SEO, SEM, Google My Business, Google map promotion, and AdWords – these are some of the ways to promote your products and services.
Now that you have learned about Google and its significance in the marketing landscape, it’s time to make it a reality. For result-driven online marketing, contact us today.