Even though the business world is ruled by countless advertising platforms (such as email, Google AdWords, or Facebook advertising), text-based marketing is still considered a valuable asset to target customers on-the-move. Without it, you are potentially missing out on direct communication with your prospects and an opportunity for an increase in ROI.
You’ll be surprised to know that many big-name brands offer exclusive discounts & promos via text-based marketing. But why?
As long as people are using a smartphone, Text marketing or SMS marketing will always be a relevant tool to communicate with your customers successfully. Moreover, it is easy to understand and happens to be the most cost-effective & efficient way to reach a large audience in a day.
Text Message Marketing: 3 reasons to use it
- Build personal connection – The phone is the closest thing to your customers. With text message marketing, you can meet buyers’ personal expectations and introduce newly launched products instantaneously. However, the way you engage matters the most. The most persuasive copywriting usually includes an intimate one-to-one conversation.
- Very simple & straightforward to launch – Text Message Marketing is about as simple as sending a text. No special app, no additional navigation – you just have to limit your message to 160-180 characters. Thanks to its simple & straightforward process, SMS marketing remains valuable at every stage of the buyer’s journey.
- Outperforms Other Marketing Channels – Text message marketing is attention-grabbing, instantly seizes user’s attention, and has the highest open rates to delivery. To some extent, text-based marketing outperforms other marketing channels and gets the most bang for your buck. It has been well-researched that SMS open rates are as high as 98%, and it takes 90 seconds for someone to respond to promotions, offers, or discounts.
How To Make Your Message Convincing
People won’t read your message unless you catch their attention. For this reason, you have to scrutinize each word to get your message to be loud and clear. A compelling message intrigues inform, persuades, or calls to action. It has a sense of credibility, and fervently tells the reason to purchase. Strategies to make your message convincing are:
- Create a sense of urgency – Tell your audience about a limited-time offer, limited quantities, or offer coupons they can use right before the end of the deal.
- Play with emojis – 90% of users respond positively to emojis, and they are indeed a powerful tool to convey a more diverse message while using fewer words.
- Send offers in the morning – If you have something exciting to share (for ex- a 50% off discount coupon), try sending your message between 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. The timing works perfectly for people arriving at work, checking messages, and doing quick shopping online.
- Broadcast in advance – Surprise your audience with early reminders. You can use text message marketing to build hype about sales and promotions in advance and tease out some of the best upcoming discounts.
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to reach your target audience, text message marketing is the right choice for your business growth. It is being used by some of the largest and most reputable companies around the globe. Now it’s your turn.