Have you ever heard of SEO for images? Search is not just about words anymore. Over 20% of all U.S. web searches happen on Google images. Besides good information, users are looking for good visuals too – and Google knows this.
Image SEO is an area you must not neglect, especially if you’re running an e-commerce platform. Some users search for your product’s images on the internet, and optimizing them with relevant keywords can capitalize on online impressions and traffic. Image optimization creates a better user experience, faster page load times, and additional ranking opportunities. In this write-up, we will highlight tips for optimizing images for visual search.
No. 1 – Choose the right format.
Before you start adding lots of images to your website, you need to choose the right format for your image. The most common formats are PNG, JPEG, and WebP. Choosing the right format will help with smaller file sizes, faster downloads, and crisper graphics. PNG is broadly chosen for better quality images, especially creative graphics. JPEG is best for photography, and it allows you to adjust the quality level. WebP is a modern image format that provides superior lossless and lossy compression for images on the web.
No. 2 -Avoid Heavy HD Photos
It is a best practice to compress your images before publishing. Large file images on your website add extra weight to pages and affect the loading speed. According to HTTP Archive, images make up on average 21% of a total webpage’s weight. This added load degrades the performance of a website and affects its rankings on Google SERP pages. Using Photoshop or a dedicated plug-in for compressing your images will not only reduce the size of a file but will also improve SEO and page load time.
No. 3 – Find related keywords.
Image SEO starts with the file name. Keyword research is important to make your image meaningful and allows it to be found more easily by search engines. A descriptive file name would be much more useful than DSC73635.jpg. Along with the file name, every image has a keyword and an alt tag. These keywords are used by search engines and help index and rank your file better. The best alt tag descriptions are short and include relevant keywords.
Bear in mind that when you select keywords, you need to analyze the key traits of images as well. For example – let’s say you sell “shirts.” Now the key traits would be – material (i.e., cotton or woolen), full-sleeves or half-sleeves, plain or printed, etc. On the basis of key traits, you can choose keywords accordingly. From what we have observed, long-tail keywords work best for image SEO. They extend your focus keyword and bring in more traffic.
No. 4 – Optimize titles and descriptions.
Search engines rely on relevant, descriptive titles and descriptions to deliver quality search results. When thinking of a good, descriptive title, a good place to start is to think of the 5 w’s- who, what, where, when, & why. Once you have shortlisted the relevant keywords, it’s time to implement them into the image title and meta description. Keywords in the title & description describe the graphic and are important in ensuring that your content is more accessible to all users. Try to keep titles concise and literal while descriptions can include broader concepts and ideas.
No. 5 Create a dedicated sitemap for images.
Google gives emphasis to the sitemap for crawling and ranking purposes. A sitemap contains a map of your entire content. Adding images to a sitemap gives Google image extensions to discover images that it might not be able to find. In other words, it enables the search engine to crawl all the pages of your site. This allows Google to crawl & index all your images for better image SEO.
Eye-catching visuals make the content more interesting and play a crucial role in user engagement. Optimized images contribute to good user experience, SEO, and higher conversions. By combining high-quality content and properly optimizing it, you will benefit from search working for you.
The pandemic of 2020 had a huge impact on everything from our private lives to how we work and communicate. Businesses large and small were forced to respond quickly to a new normal and the changing needs of their customers. As we approach the half-year mark of 2021, it is worth a moment to stop and look back at how the digital marketing landscape has evolved. With this in mind, here are some digital marketing lessons that we will continue to carry forward as part of a robust marketing strategy to reach customers.
Conveying Value Via Storytelling
Businesses need a powerful story to grow because storytelling is essential for memorable communication. It is imperative for your brand to communicate the story of your history, your mission, and your values through your digital marketing. Consumers are more likely to connect with your products and services if they know how you got started and why your brand is beneficial to society. If you are successful in communicating your story clearly and consistently, you are more likely to earn customers’ attention, loyalty, and affection. The goal is to make the audience feel something. Decision-making is more emotional than logical. Telling a good story makes us think and feel, and will help your business stand out in the market.
Stop Taking Customer’s Trust for Granted
Taking care of your existing customers is just as important as attracting new ones. Businesses should not allow themselves to focus solely on growth. Businesses can not allow themselves to believe that customers that are there now will continue to be there tomorrow. No company or product is indispensable. It is time that you stop taking their trust and loyalty for granted and think about retention strategies. To retain customers, it is very important to customize your offerings to fit consumer needs and place an emphasis on service and value.
Some of the best digital marketing strategies for successful customer retention are:
- Promoting your brand value and commitments
- Pivoting your product or services into a unique offering
- Offer virtual services
- Create helpful content (blog or video promotion)
- Run an offer or discount to increase loyalty and client retention
Contest marketing strategy persuades people to interact with your brand through the use of contests, giveaways, and sweepstakes. Contest marketing is effective because it entices individuals into interacting with your business by offering prizes. The hope of winning is powerful and exciting. Gamifying promotions are also a fun and exciting way to create brand engagement. They involve tapping into people’s natural competitive instincts through contests and leaderboards.
How do you decide on your contest type? In order to be successful, you need to choose a contest that aligns with your overall strategy and goals. You must make sure the planning for the contest is thorough, taking into account the process for determining winners, delivering prizes, and tracking the performance of the promotion. Some of the most affordable contest marketing formats are event-based contests, polls, giveaways, reward-based quizzes, and trivia contests.
The past year brought forth a significant change in consumer behavior along with many changes in the marketing industry. People found that many aspects of their lives were forced onto online platforms. Brands that were able to cultivate long-term relationships with their customers & clients will continue to thrive in the post-COVID-19 era. There is no time to lose in planning and implementing a strong digital marketing campaign. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions or would like to learn more about making an impactful marketing approach.
It may be hard to believe, but 75% of people will never scroll past the first page on Google Search. Listing your business on Google’s first page is a crucial part of any successful marketing strategy. Before we dive deeper into the benefits of being listed on Google, consider the following three facts:
- There are 3.8 million searches conducted on Google every minute – users search and research a lot before making any purchase decision.
- 93% of all online experiences begin with a search engine.
- In the United States, 88% of users favor Google over other search engines.
Benefits of listing your business on Google:
- Direct exposure to millions of customers – As we mentioned before, Google is being searched by millions of people every day. Customers are out there searching for specific products and services. But they can’t buy them from you if they can’t find you. Enlisting your business in Google positions your brand directly in front of your customers. You can show your product or services on local search engine results pages (SERP) with relevant keywords and through simple search engine tactics.
- Precise targeting & high ROI – Google’s number one priority is to display results and information that is relevant to its users (based on their frequently searched terms, interests, and location). With precision targeting, you can display your ads only to those who are likely to buy. The entire ad campaign can be tailored to your business needs, which ultimately ensures a higher return on investment (ROI).
- Gateway to brand credibility – Google is where you are likely to be recognized as a brand. When customers search online, they compare companies and products. Customers prefer products from companies that appear more credible online. Seeing your business logo, information, testimonials, and pictures, will help convince potential customers that you are worthy of their business. Research has shown that businesses with complete listings gain more customer trust and result in almost 30% completing purchases.
- Long-term marketing strategy – Once you have claimed and optimized your Google My Business (GMB) listing, it is time to put it to work with your long-term marketing strategy. The ultimate goal is to help customers find your business. Over time your business will gain reviews that work to validate your company in the eyes of potential customers. You can also personalize your listing to help with local search results and by posting GMB posts that include business announcements, special events & offers, and new products. Don’t forget to keep an eye on the interesting insights you can pick up from Google analytics. This helps to better understand who your customers are and what they are looking for. Over time, your business will continue to build authority and naturally be one of the top search results in your category.
Every business wants to grow and stand out in its competitive target market. So take the most important step and make it happen. Google, a robust marketing platform, can increase your chances of overcoming the competition. SEO, SEM, Google My Business, Google map promotion, and AdWords – these are some of the ways to promote your products and services.
Now that you have learned about Google and its significance in the marketing landscape, it’s time to make it a reality. For result-driven online marketing, contact us today.
Whether it is for marketing, sales, or customer service, messenger chatbots are one of the most innovative ways to streamline business tasks and foster growth. There is a reason why most vendors, agencies, and consultancies are integrating a chatbot function directly into their website. The fact is that many customers prefer an immediate response or a subtle interaction from a merchant. Through messenger chatbots, you can easily bridge a communication gap and improve your sales process – ultimately providing you with an edge in the market.
Ever thought of marketing via Messenger Chatbots? Well, you should…
Did you know that a majority of users favor chat apps over submitting a contact page on your website?
Every business aims to attract, convert, and nurture new and existing customers. Investing in messenger chatbots helps your business and your customers by leveraging your efforts with interaction, product recommendation, sales, and payment gateways. Think of messenger chatbots as a perfect channel to connect, nurture, convert and up-sell directly to prospective customers.
90% of newly established enterprises plan to adopt or have already integrated chatbots function into their digital-first business strategy. The following are some of the ways that messenger chatbots can enhance your marketing strategies.
Chatbots for 24*7 customers interaction – Your sales team may get worn-out but not chatbots. They are available to new & existing customers 24*7 (even on Sundays) and play a crucial role in 24*7 support, bringing instant answers to frequently asked questions and even helping customers to buy without sales help.
Better lead generation – A website landing page, when promoted, emphasizes conversion rate performance. But in order to increase the inflow of leads, you need to have a call to action that prospects can’t resist. A chatbot on a landing page promotion is a smart move for better conversion and increased ROI. They can help and guide users instantly. Moreover, with a messenger chatbot, your marketing team can easily collect important information such as contact details, demographic behaviors, and user buying patterns. All this collected information greatly helps in remarketing strategy.
Efficient and cost-effective – Compared to the manual method, messenger chatbots are extremely cost-effective and can easily handle complex queries. The implementation doesn’t take much of your time. It works spontaneously, and you’ll instantly notice massive savings come from slashing the time and cost incurred from dealing with customer queries.
Humanizes your brand – Messenger chatbots can make your entire website more interactive. They answer questions promptly and effectively, in a structured manner that mimics human interaction. With each question, the bot also provides a list of options making it easy to offer customers options for available queries. This personification is a great way of building relationships with your target audience.
The verdict –
Engagement happens when your brand is able to meet your customer where they need you. A messenger chatbot is always on hand can be helpful for site conversion. Furthermore, chatbots also allow businesses to understand customer’s expectations and provide relevant & desirable solutions. In short, the possibilities are endless.
Even though the business world is ruled by countless advertising platforms (such as email, Google AdWords, or Facebook advertising), text-based marketing is still considered a valuable asset to target customers on-the-move. Without it, you are potentially missing out on direct communication with your prospects and an opportunity for an increase in ROI.
You’ll be surprised to know that many big-name brands offer exclusive discounts & promos via text-based marketing. But why?
As long as people are using a smartphone, Text marketing or SMS marketing will always be a relevant tool to communicate with your customers successfully. Moreover, it is easy to understand and happens to be the most cost-effective & efficient way to reach a large audience in a day.
Text Message Marketing: 3 reasons to use it
- Build personal connection – The phone is the closest thing to your customers. With text message marketing, you can meet buyers’ personal expectations and introduce newly launched products instantaneously. However, the way you engage matters the most. The most persuasive copywriting usually includes an intimate one-to-one conversation.
- Very simple & straightforward to launch – Text Message Marketing is about as simple as sending a text. No special app, no additional navigation – you just have to limit your message to 160-180 characters. Thanks to its simple & straightforward process, SMS marketing remains valuable at every stage of the buyer’s journey.
- Outperforms Other Marketing Channels – Text message marketing is attention-grabbing, instantly seizes user’s attention, and has the highest open rates to delivery. To some extent, text-based marketing outperforms other marketing channels and gets the most bang for your buck. It has been well-researched that SMS open rates are as high as 98%, and it takes 90 seconds for someone to respond to promotions, offers, or discounts.
How To Make Your Message Convincing
People won’t read your message unless you catch their attention. For this reason, you have to scrutinize each word to get your message to be loud and clear. A compelling message intrigues inform, persuades, or calls to action. It has a sense of credibility, and fervently tells the reason to purchase. Strategies to make your message convincing are:
- Create a sense of urgency – Tell your audience about a limited-time offer, limited quantities, or offer coupons they can use right before the end of the deal.
- Play with emojis – 90% of users respond positively to emojis, and they are indeed a powerful tool to convey a more diverse message while using fewer words.
- Send offers in the morning – If you have something exciting to share (for ex- a 50% off discount coupon), try sending your message between 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. The timing works perfectly for people arriving at work, checking messages, and doing quick shopping online.
- Broadcast in advance – Surprise your audience with early reminders. You can use text message marketing to build hype about sales and promotions in advance and tease out some of the best upcoming discounts.
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to reach your target audience, text message marketing is the right choice for your business growth. It is being used by some of the largest and most reputable companies around the globe. Now it’s your turn.